Saturday, January 15, 2011

Faking Gourmet.




With football playoffs upon us (Go Pats!) and the Superbowl around the corner, I wanted to share an appetizer that is sure to impress and never fail. It is the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
My boss introduced it to me almost 6 years ago, and has since become my go-to for parties. The presentation looks fancy, but I promise it's easy and quick to assemble!

Pancetta Crisps with Goat Cheese and Pear

Yield: Makes 16 (I usually double the recipe for parties because lets face it, if given the opportunity I could eat 8 all by myself)

Ingredients:


  • 16 thin slices pancetta (found in the packaged meat section of the market)
  • 16 teaspoons soft fresh goat cheese (from 5-ounce log)
  • 2 very ripe small pears, halved, cored, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
  • Fresh thyme leaves (I use rosemary instead because I love it)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place pancetta slices in single layer on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper (if desired).
Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
Using spatula, slide pancetta crisps onto platter.
Top each with 1 teaspoon goat cheese and 1 pear slice.
Sprinkle with thyme (or rosemary) and serve.
Graciously receive compliments.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this this weekend for the big Steeler's game! :)

    ReplyDelete