Friday, January 14, 2011

Cheese Plates.




Arguably my favorite dishes to create, admire, and enjoy.

My two hands-down most favorite cheese plates are those found at Ludobites and Father's Office, whose components vary with each attendance. I have yet to NOT feel giddy with anticipation at either restaurant as their cheese plates are presented in front of me.
It's the little things, right?

When entertaining in my own home, my cheese plate usually consists of the following:

* Toasted baguette slices (slice thin 1 loaf of french or sourdough baguette, lay slices out on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper, heat in oven at 250 for 12 - 15 minutes - until outside edges are crispy and insides still a bit soft)
* Wedges of the following cheeses:
-Saint Agur Blue
-D'affinois Double Cream
-Port Salut
-St. André Triple Cream
-Five Year-Aged Gouda
* A variety of grapes or berries strewn about the platter is always fun, as well as a spoonful of quince paste in the center.
Other exciting accompaniments could be honey, dried apricots, or nuts (for those of you unlike me, who is allergic to them).

Tough to go wrong with a cheese plate, and unless hosting a support group for the lactose intolerant, always a crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment