Saturday, January 29, 2011

Died and Went to Heaven...




...in downtown Los Angeles.

I've lived in LA for 6 years now, and just this afternoon made my very first excursion to Pete's Cafe and Bar downtown.
How it took this long to visit is beyond me, but I'm just grateful it happened. I would never have guessed such an unassuming cafe would be so cheese-centric!
It took 10 minutes and a waiter recommendation before I was able to decide between the
Mac and Cheese (made with Vermont extra sharp white cheddar, asiago, goat cheese and tarragon), and the Supreme Grilled Cheese.
I chose the latter.
Words can't describe the level of bliss experienced when the plate was presented in front of me.
Pete's makes their special sandwich by stuffing it with blue, goat, cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses. I'd never heard of such a combination between two slices of bread, but the flavors blended beautifully. (I think I even giggled after taking my first bite.)
Along with the grilled cheese came a cup of delicious tomato basil soup - the perfect amount for dipping - and a side of french fries swimming in a rich and creamy blue cheese sauce that I never wanted to end.

I practically rolled out the door at the end of the meal... and can't wait to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment