Thursday, September 20, 2012

To be a Vegetarian... Someday.

I love animals.  All animals.  So much.  My husband and I often ask ourselves, 'how are we not vegetarians?'  Well, because we LOVE FOOD... the richness in a beautiful piece of steak, the savory goodness in a brilliantly prepared piece of pork belly, the sheer feeling of comfort from white bean chicken chili (which I'm going to be making this weekend and will be sure to share with you).  Good food - including meat - just makes us HAPPY. 

That being said, I hope someday to really try it.  It would vastly improve my cooking creativity and I would really just love knowing that I don't eat anything with a face.  (Well except fish, for whatever reason I just don't feel guilty eating them.)

Since getting married and settling into a more relaxed state, I've started following a few blogs by women that focus more on beautiful photos than writing, and this one, A Well Traveled Woman, has quickly become my favorite.  Recently she posted a few outstanding photos of animals, which made me beg the question once again, 'how am I not a vegetarian?'  I thought I'd share them with you.





Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment