Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Misfit Kale Salad.

There's a restaurant in Santa Monica that I often find myself running into and quickly out of.  I have become completely addicted to a single item on their menu, and I truly just can't get enough of it.  The bonus:  It's REALLY healthy.

The Misfit Restaurant is very close to where I work, so it's easy to get there and back with my take out multiple times a week (or to bring home for dinner when I'm heading out of the office).  There was a time this summer when I was working every single day for a month, and I may have eaten the kale salad twenty five times...It's that good.  Actually all of their food seems to be really tasty and moderately priced as well, but my love for their kale salads -- and complimentary sea salt chocolate chip cookies -- will never wane.

I finally snapped a photo of it to share with you all.  I have yet to re-create this at home, though it seems pretty straight forward.  The ingredients are:  finely chopped kale, quinoa, halved grapes, sunflower seeds, diced red peppers, manchego & parmesan cheese, tossed and topped with a lemon vinaigrette.



More please.

No comments:

Post a Comment