Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cheese Paper.

If a cheese professional were to read this next entry their first reaction would absolutely be, 'duh.'  But it's not something I paid close enough attention to until now.  As cheese is a living, breathing entity, it turns out that wrapping it in plastic will shorten it's life, murder it's flavor, in a word - it will suffocate it.  Enter cheese paper.  By wrapping your cheese in paper (like they do when you buy it in a specialty shop) you are prolonging the life of your cheese, protecting it's moisture, and preventing adverse mold growth.  

One of my friends (did I mention I have the greatest friends?) recently sent me a package of cheese paper complete with modern design and fancy labels.  As I am rapidly going through it, I've done my own searching online and found a great, informative site about cheese paper here.  I will most likely replenish my cheese supply from Formaticum sooner than later.



No comments:

Post a Comment