Sunday, April 24, 2011

Holy (Day) Deliciousness

In the short time that I've been writing on this blog I have become exponentially more eager and motivated to try new recipes.


Tonight's Easter dinner may have been my favorite meal yet.  


It consisted of:
•Slow Cooker Braised Short Ribs (recipe here), topped with horseradish creme fraiche (3/4 cup creme fraiche mixed with 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish - this is also great on a baked potato)
•Pureed (using a hand mixer) red potatoes (skin-on) with cream cheese, fresh chives & rosemary from my garden
•Fresh arugula (also from the garden) salad with shaved parmesan, olive oil, fresh orange & lemon juice


Every aspect of the meal was phenomenal and I cannot wait to find a special occasion to cook it again. . .  



I always get so nervous I won't have enough potatoes and in turn end up with three times as much as I want.  Perhaps tomorrow I experiment with potato pancakes.



1 comment:

  1. Best meal ever...I am still thinking about those short ribs and potatoes.

    ReplyDelete