Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home Grown Dinner

A couple of weekends ago I decided to plant a garden in the backyard --
2 weeks later my arugula has flourished, bordering out of control (I also learned over lunch today from my veteran-gardener/green thumb co-worker that I'm supposed to cut the leaves while they're young or else they get bitter...I'm new at this) so tonight I clipped a bunch of leaves and made my simple dinner salad.  Instead of the usual parmesan I decided to go with my beloved Saint Agur Blue.  


I would have patted myself on the back for a successful healthy dinner, however unfortunately I ended up eating the remaining St. Agur on a quarter loaf of french bread.  
Better luck tomorrow.  


Below are a couple pictures of my planted arugula, and St. Agur infused dinner salad:






No comments:

Post a Comment