Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Banana Bread

Happy Easter everybody!  And happy only-day-of-the-year-it's-acceptable-to-start-the-day-eating-candy (thank you, Cadbury Mini Eggs).
We have started off our day with a mimosa and a favorite memory of childhood trips to Binghamton: Gramma Jean's Banana Bread (my apologies, I just wouldn't feel right sharing that recipe).
I woke up at 6:45am to get my short ribs braising in the slow cooker.  After realizing three hours later the damn thing wasn't plugged in (oh me), the slow cooker is now officially turned ON and unfortunately set at HIGH and we are off to a matinee (we have been so excited to see Born to be Wild since viewing the trailer 5 months ago, see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv2Af-H7ZnI).

Since I have a nut allergy and it's a main ingredient in most banana breads, my grandma always substituted them with raisins.  Matt of course doesn't like raisins (or nuts) so for an added something I decided to try using coconut.  Surprisingly awesome.
Here are a couple photos of the banana bread.  Though I will restrain myself, if given the green light I could eat all of them in one sitting.



With melted butter on top for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment