Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ludobites Ham and Cheese Sandwich...Soup.

If you know me, you know one of my (our) favorite things to do is eat good food.  And our favorite place to practice this pastime is at a pop-up restaurant (the original pop-up restaurant), Ludobites.  (Click here to read a little more about Ludo, and his and his wife's creation of the now-famous pop-up style restaurant.)  
Anyway, when he released a Ludobites cookbook this fall featuring many of our favorite dishes I snapped it up, and it took me until this weekend to find the time to take it for a spin.  
The first try was with our absolute favorite of all dishes, the Ham and Cheese Sandwich Soup.  It was laborious, and holy hell at the calories -- I was slightly horrified as I watched myself add all of the butter, cream, and ham into the pot -- but the final product was decadent, delicious and such a luxury to enjoy on the bitter cold afternoon we were having.

If you're interested in this recipe, get a copy of the Ludobites Cookbook on amazon.



That is emmentaler cheese baked over the top of the homemade rustic croutons, before being drizzled with browned butter and guinness foam.  Mmhm.

No comments:

Post a Comment