Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Four Cheese Grilled Cheese

Happy 2013! 
I hope you had a wonderful, safe and joyous holiday.  Matt and I had an amazing whirlwind trip back to New England, splitting time between both of our families and loved every second.  Unfortunately we brought a lovely (ie: nasty) cold back with us, so it's been a couple days of recovery before we head back to work tomorrow. 
In efforts of consuming as many hot liquids as possible, I figured we could at least have a tasty grilled cheese to accompany our soup this afternoon.  I didn't have as much cheese as I thought, so I figured combining a few and calling it a fancy "four cheese" would suffice.
It.Was.Amazing.  Even when making something as simple as a grilled cheese sandwich,  it's fun to mix things up and see how it turns out.  This one was a success:

Four Cheese Grilled Cheese:
Since I'm going to go ahead and assume you know the basics of making a grilled cheese, I'm only listing the cheese layers for you:
Goat cheese (spread across the bottom piece of bread)
Sharp Cheddar (orange) 
Extra Sharp Cheddar (white)
Asiago
Plus a little sprinkle of pepper before placing the top slice on to grill (if I was ambitious I would have added some rosemary, too).  

Mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment