Sunday, December 16, 2012

Black Hogg.

I feel very lucky to live in the neighborhood we do, with the easy access to some really incredible restaurants.  Black Hogg, a gastropub located in our Silver Lake neighborhood, just re-opened after some renovations and we were eager to get back since their months-long closure.  The tiny little dining room can't seat more than 35 (I'm guessing?) and they usually have a small crowd happily waiting for 30+ minutes to be seated.  We were amongst them last night, and it was well worth it.  Here are a few snaps of our meal.

(My apologies for the lack of quality of the photos.  I am still working out how to focus through bad lighting, while not embarrassing myself with a flash.)
The menu changes daily based on what's available locally.  I love that.

I could eat a dozen of these myself.

Pork Belly Tacos.  Best ever.

Uni Toast.

Chicken Liver Toast.

Tandoori Octopus.

Churros.



**Like all of you, and being a Connecticut native myself, I am heartbroken and distraught over the tragic events of this past Friday.  Wishing peace and comfort to the families and friends of all directly effected.  I continue to pray for the 27 innocent souls that went to heaven far before their time, and that we as a country can figure out a way to once and for all rid ourselves of the continued senseless violence against one another.**

No comments:

Post a Comment