Friday, October 19, 2012

Mashed Avocado, Roasted Red Pepper + Goat Cheese Toast.

...Otherwise known as an I'm-tired-and-hungry-and-haven't-been-shopping-what-do-I-have-to-work-with afternoon snack.

I've been sick for the last few days and was traveling the week before so when I came home to crash this afternoon with a growling stomach and zero motivation I was at a loss in the kitchen.  Until I realized I had the following:  A perfectly ripe avocado, half a lemon, jarred roasted red peppers, a block of goat cheese, and my childhood sandwich favorite - Homepride wheat bread.

A few months ago I found an easy, healthy snack idea from one of my new favorite food blogs. I don't know why I've never thought of this myself, I love avocados -- Anyway, besides the mashed avocado I usually just add whatever else I have laying around (feta, a few slices of tomato, a drizzle of olive oil, and always a sprinkle of sea salt) for a variation of this snack.  

Today was no different, except that I photographed it.
Without further adieu, I give you:  GLORIFIED TOAST.

Layers:
toast; avocado with lemon juice, smashed together onto toast; sprinkle of sea salt; chopped roasted red peppers; goat cheese


Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment