Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Garden Pesto.

In an effort to keep up with my garden (the arugula continues to grow out of control - I put way too much in too small of an area), I clipped a ton more this weekend along with a handful of basil and made arugula and basil pesto.  Then added shredded chicken, goat cheese, and tossed with rotini pasta (I used whole wheat). 
So easy and a great summery dish to enjoy outdoors.

Arugula & Basil Pesto (nut-free)
•1 handful fresh basil leaves
•2 handfuls fresh arugula leaves
•1/2 Cup (ish) Parmesan cheese
•1 T minced garlic
•Olive Oil
Sauté garlic in olive oil to take some of the bite out of it.  Pour in food processor.  Throw in the rest of the ingredients, douse in olive oil, blend!  Add salt / pepper to taste.  
Toss with cooked pasta, chicken and 1/2 cup (or more) goat cheese crumbles (or blue cheese - I'm sure that would also be great). 
Done and done!






No comments:

Post a Comment