Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thank You, Portland.

Despite its dreary winter weather and chilly temperatures, Portland was an amazingly fun time.
Its not an exaggeration when I tell you we literally ate our way through the city.
I am very disappointed that I didn't take more photos, though I guess I could say I was too busy enjoying myself.  The food in every restaurant we ate in had such a focus on individual ingredients and the exploration of new flavor combinations, it was inspiring.
The one restaurant that was in my top 5 dining experiences sadly didn't get a single snapshot.
Le Pigeon, a tiny french restaurant on lower Burnside, is just a small room with high ceilings, one long dining table for sharing, a few smaller tables by the windows in the front, and a chef's bar over the tiny kitchen where we were lucky enough to perch.  
Our meal was amazing, but since I don't have pictures to accompany their description, I shall just leave the mention of it with a smile on my face, and the excitement of returning again.
Upon arrival and our check in at the Ace Hotel, we wandered down to Clyde Common, the restaurant and bar attached to the hotel.  We made it down just in time for happy hour, and a very happy hour it was. 
Matt ate their burger with pickled onions, bacon, and blue cheese. 
I ordered the mushroom and cheddar grilled cheese, and a side of baked macaroni and cheese.  
It was the perfect meal to tide us over for our late night dinner.
Some shots from our meal and the restaurant below:










I only photographed one more destination, which may be the highlight of the trip... coming up next...

No comments:

Post a Comment