Saturday, January 07, 2012

Lemonade

It took me long enough to get to the new, small chain "modern cafeteria" restaurant Los Angelenos have been buzzing about.  It certainly did not disappoint.
The selection of sides, sandwiches, roasts, and braises were incredible, the smells filling the space so enticing.  I had to let people go ahead of me in line while I clung to my tray, incapable of making a decision.
I ended up with four "marketplace" items (sides) and one of their signature specialty lemonades.  
See for yourself:

Clockwise from the top: watermelon radish, ahi tuna, snap peas, black sesami, ginger;  fall succotash, butternut squash, white corn, grapes, oregano;  kale, mushrooms, tangerine vinaigrette;  orecchiette, tomato, perlini mozzarella, red pepper.
Not pictured:  Watermelon basil lemonade.  Mmmm.
My hometown didn't exactly provide this sort of exposure to healthy, good, diverse cuisine. I have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment